Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Story Time

Reading has always been a big part of my life - from very early on and even now. I want it to be a favorite hobby for Hattie as well, so each day we spend some time reading. We read during morning play time, in the afternoon after her nap and at night before bed. She loves to look at the pictures and gets really still when I put her in my lap and start to read. I think she is going to love it as much as I do! This week, I gave her a few of her soft toys to hold while we read and she grabbed onto them and gave them pets while she listened to the stories. These pictures kill me she is so adorable! Of course, I had to add my own childhood favorite to her bookshelf: There's a Monster at the End of This Book, Starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover. Thanks to everyone who has given her books to read. We love reading the sweet messages written inside by friends and family. In mine, I got to sign it, "Love, Mom." It was the first time that I wrote "mom" on anything and I'll admit it made me cry...
 just a little. 









No comments:

Post a Comment