Saturday, April 19, 2014

1st Birthday Party

I can't believe it got here so quickly, but today is Hattie's 1st birthday! We had her party at the house and it went wonderfully. Many friends and family members came out to celebrate this special little girl. We are so grateful to everyone for her many gifts and for being a part of this day.

Her pink lemonade theme was so cute. I spent the last few months planning so that her day would be perfect. I was so happy with how everything came together! (*A special thanks to her aunts Kiki & Kelsey for coming over early to help set up and staying to clean afterwards.) She had a pink lemonade outfit, decorations, cupcakes (made by me) and punch. She started to get sleepy opening gifts so we sped through the last few to make sure she could dig in to her smash cake before she crashed. She had tried cake once before during her one year pictures so she was an old pro. Her tiny hands dug right in and she almost ate her entire little cake! That's probably why she was up with a tummy ache that night. Eek! She's enjoyed playing with all of her new treasures and has worn a few of her new outfits as well. Starting next week, we are going to get to try out her many new swimsuits when the pool opens. 

I'll always remember how emotional I was the week leading up to her birthday. After all, my baby girl was about to no longer be a baby. But, the day of the party was filled with pride and excitement as she hit this very important milestone. 

Happy 1st Birthday!
We love you!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment